Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Glazed Ham or Gammon recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Glazed Ham or Gammon recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Glazed Ham or Gammon recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons for this. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who are dealing with diseases such as hypertension, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. Most people typically think that healthy diets require much work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can modify their eating habits for the better by carrying out a couple of small changes.
The first change to make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you go to the grocery because it is likely that you tend to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, if you have a bowl of cereal for breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? A good healthy option can be porridge oats which have been shown to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy daily. If this is not to your liking on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that have other healthy nutrients and as such, one small change to your diet has been achieved.
Therefore, it should be quite obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to glazed ham or gammon recipe. You can cook glazed ham or gammon using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Glazed Ham or Gammon:
- Prepare 1.200 g of raw ham joint,or salty Gammon.
- Get of Plenty of clean cold tap water.
- You need of Plenty of Golden Syrup.
- Use 100 g of Dijon Mustard,half of a 200g jar.
- Take 250 g of Unsalted Butter.
Steps to make Glazed Ham or Gammon:
- Soak the raw Ham Joint in cold tap water so that it is well covered with water,I used a large – deep – cast Iron Spaghetti Pasta Saucepan – soak for 24 hours.Then rinse the ham joint,particularly if it's salt preserved raw Gammon of Ham – and then boil in the same large Saucepan – the ham joint – for 1 hour and 30 minutes..
- Set the oven at Gas Mark 4 and melt the 250g of Unsalted Butter (whole block usually).Place blanched ham joint in the deep Skillet of melted butter – pour Lyle's Golden Syrup over the One side of the ham joint and then spread 50g of Dijon Mustard over the top and then precede too do the same with the other side – don't baste – just place Kitchen Foil over the top and then bake at Gas Mark 4 for 1 hour..
- Remove foil from the meat and then roast at Gas Mark 7 for 30 minutes – allow the whole cooked Ham Joint to rest for maybe 30 minutes and then either serve with a Roast Dinner,or leave in the Fridge overnight for making sandwiches the following day,or days..
Try our simple sweet glazed gammon recipe for a delicious, satisfying meal with family or friends. Place the gammon joint in a lidded casserole along with all the ingredients for the ham, apart from the cloves. Cover with water and bring to the boil over a medium heat. Maple Glazed Ham – this is the ham glaze you use when you want to add a special touch to your festive baked ham! Cooked ham – Make sure you get a cooked ready-to-eat ham, not a raw one (also referred to as "gammon").
If you find this Glazed Ham or Gammon recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.