Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Vietnamese beef stew (Bo Kho) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Vietnamese beef stew (Bo Kho) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vietnamese beef stew (Bo Kho) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Nutritious Vitality Goodies.
We are all aware that consuming healthy foods can help us truly feel better within our bodies. If we eat more healthy foods and less of the unhealthy ones we usually feel much better. Eating more vegetables helps you feel a lot better than eating a piece of pizza. This is often a problem, nevertheless, when it comes to eating between meals. You can spend hours at the food market searching for the perfect snack foods to help you feel healthy. Why not try one of the following nutritious snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Consider eating almonds if you don’t have problems with nut allergies. Almonds offer a multitude of health benefits and are an excellent choice when you really need a shot of energy. These kinds of nuts have quite a lot of vitamins E, B2, and manganese. Tryptophan, an enzyme also present in turkey which induces drowsiness, is available in almonds. Having said that, you may not need a nap after consuming almonds. Alternatively, these nuts help in lowering stress and provide a calming feeling throughout your body. Almonds often give a general increased feeling of well-being.
A large variety of easy health snacks is easily obtainable. Being healthier doesnt really need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite easy.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to vietnamese beef stew (bo kho) recipe. You can cook vietnamese beef stew (bo kho) using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Vietnamese beef stew (Bo Kho):
- Take 500 g of beef cubes (preferably the one with some marbling).
- Take 2 tsp of tsp sugar.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of chicken stock powder (can be skipped).
- Take 1 tsp of five spice.
- Use 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Use 1/2 tbsp of grated ginger.
- Take 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Take 2-3 stalk of lemongrass (smashed and cut into 2-3 pieces).
- Use 2-3 of star anise.
- Get 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder (or 1 stick).
- Use 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Take 170 ml of (1/2 a can) coconut water.
- Prepare 3-4 of carrots (cut to chunks).
- You need 2 cups of water/beef stock.
- Get 1/4 tsp of pepper (or to your liking).
- Use 1 tbsp of oyster sauce (optional).
- Take 2 tbsp of oil.
Steps to make Vietnamese beef stew (Bo Kho):
- Marinate beef with sugar, ginger, (half portion of the garlic), soy sauce, 5 spice, pepper, and chicken powder. Marinate for at least 20 mins (longer is better)..
- Heat the oil on the wok or frying pan. Stir in star anise, lemongrass, the remaining portion of garlic, and cinnamon stick/powder until aromatic..
- Stir in beef cubes and brown the beef..
- Transfer the beef to pressure cooker or casserole pan (or any sauce pan that has thick bottom). Add in tomato paste, coconut water and beef stock..
- If using pressure cooker, cook for 20 mins. If using normal stove, bring the stock to boil, cover and reduced to low-medium heat, cook until meat is tender (maybe 40-60 mins)..
- Stir in the carrots, cook until carrots are tender. Taste and adjust the flavour. Add oyster sauce for a richer taste (this step is optional). Turn off the heat, the beef stew is now ready to serve!.
In Vietnam, the very popular bò kho is a beef stew with carrots, perfumed with star anise and lemongrass. A marvel of great aromatic complexity. It is similar to the French pot-au-feu but with more exoticism. It is reminiscent of the famous phở, the beef noodle soup that has become the national dish of Vietnam. The Laotians actually call the bò kho, "red phở".
If you find this Vietnamese beef stew (Bo Kho) recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.