Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Vegan chilli con carne recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vegan chilli con carne recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Deciding On The Best Foods Can Help You Stay Fit And Also Healthy.
One thing that some of you may already recognize is that by ingesting the right foods can have a huge effect on your health. One of the foods you should be avoiding is any foods you get at a fast food spot. The foods that you will get from these fast food places are foods that are extremely unhealthy, loaded with fat and usually have little to no nutrition. You will be happy to know that we are going to inform you of a few of the foods that you need to be ingesting every day.
Although most of you have been told repeatedly that vegetables are good for you, and there is a pretty good reason why. You may already realize that most of the vitamins you need everyday can be found in numerous vegetables, but you will also be able to find required potassium in vegetables as well. One of the veggies that can supply you with the potassium you need is broccoli. Something different you might like to try is the next time you make a salad try using spinach rather than your traditional lettuce as you will realize that there are a lot more nutrients that can be found in those leaves.
If you decide that your health is important to you, you should take these tips to heart. Something that you should actually avoid is all of the processed foods that you can easily buy in the stores, and start cooking fresh foods for your meals.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to vegan chilli con carne recipe. You can have vegan chilli con carne using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Vegan chilli con carne:
- Take 2 of large white onions.
- Use 2 of red or orange bell peppers.
- Prepare 5 pieces of jar jalapeños.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic or 2 heaped tsp garlic paste.
- Get of Chilli powder.
- You need of Ground cumin.
- You need of Paprika (not smoked).
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- Provide 250 g of red lentils.
- Provide 4 tins of chopped tomatoes.
- Take 2 tins of red kidney beans.
- You need 2 tins of chickpeas.
- Use 1 bunch of coriander.
Steps to make Vegan chilli con carne:
- Finely chop the onions and chop the peppers into small pieces. Heat oil in a large pan on a medium heat. Add the onions and peppers and fry for 3-4 minutes. Stirring frequently..
- Using a mortar and pestle or a food processor grind the garlic and jalapeños until they become a paste. Or chop them very finely..
- Add the garlic & jalapeños to the pot along with 2 tbsp chilli powder, 1 tbsp of ground cumin, 1 heaped tsp paprika and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir well..
- Add all the chopped tomatoes and 500ml water to the pan and stir. Then bring the pot to the boil..
- Then add the lentils with another pinch of salt and pepper. Turn the heat down to low and simmer for 15 minutes with the lid on. Keep an eye on it, stir it occasionally to make sure it doesn't stick and if it looks too dry you can add more water but I didn't find that necessary..
- Then add the kidney beans and chickpeas to the pot with an extra 1 tbsp ground cumin and 1 tbsp chilli powder. I know this sounds like a lot of chilli powder but with all the tomatoes it's the perfect amount..
- Simmer for 30 minutes then take off the heat. Finely chop the coriander and stir through. Then serve over rice of your choice..
Try our vegan chilli recipe then check out our vegan quinoa chilli, vegetarian chilli, sweet potato chilli and slow-cooker black bean chilli. For a truly vegan chilli look for vegan mince here, or use Quorn for a veggie chilli (contains egg white). For some great veggie options, check out our vegetarian curry, vegetarian paella and other vegetarian recipes. Method Peel and finely chop the onions and garlic, then trim and finely chop the leek and chilli (I leave the seeds in, but deseed if you prefer), and place into your largest, heavy-based pan over a medium heat with the oil. Compared to chili con carne (meaning, with meat), our healthy and savory vegan bean chili is low in fat and high in fiber, setting you up for diet success!
If you find this Vegan chilli con carne recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.