Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Ultimate Greek beef stifado recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Ultimate Greek beef stifado recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Treats that offer You Power.
We are very mindful that consuming healthy snacks can help us really feel better within our bodies. We are likely to feel way less gross whenever we increase our intake of wholesome foods and reduce our consumption of processed foods. A bit of pizza doesn’t make you feel as healthy as consuming a fresh green salad. Deciding on healthier food choices can be tough when it’s snack time. Finding snacks that will help us feel better and increase our stamina often involves lots of shopping and painstaking reading of labels. Why not try some of the following nutritious snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
If you are looking for a quick snack, you can’t go completely wrong with a whole grain one. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread together with some protein will maintain you until it’s time for lunch break. When you have to have a fast snack food on your way out the door, don’t forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Whole grains are always better than highly processed grains present in white bread.
You don’t have to look far to discover a wide range of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. When you make the decision to be healthy, it’s uncomplicated to find just what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to ultimate greek beef stifado recipe. To cook ultimate greek beef stifado you need 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Ultimate Greek beef stifado:
- Use of MARINADE:.
- Use 2-3 sprigs of rosemary.
- Get 2-3 of dry bay leaves.
- Take 1 tbls of dried Greek oregano.
- Use 150 ml of red wine.
- Get 2 tbls of white wine vinegar.
- You need 3 of garlic cloves peeled and crushed with the back of a knife.
- Provide 4 of whole cloves.
- You need 1 of cinnamon stick, broken into large pieces.
- Provide A few of gratings of nutmeg.
- You need of FOR THE BEEF:.
- Use 1 kg of good quality beef diced.
- Get 6 tbls of extra virgin olive oil.
- Take 1.2 kg of shallots or small onions, peeled.
- Take 400 g of chopped tomatoes.
- Get 2 tbls of tomato purée.
- Get 1 of beef stock cube.
Steps to make Ultimate Greek beef stifado:
- Place all the marinade ingredients together and combine. Add the beef, mix well, cover and refrigerate overnight..
- When you’re ready to cook, set the oven to 180C fan assisted..
- Drain the beef as well as possible, keeping the marinade juices. Strain and set aside..
- Heat 2 tbls of the olive oil in a large frying pan and cook the shallots for about 8-10 minutes until golden brown. Transfer to a bowl and set aside..
- In the same frying pan, add 2 tbls olive oil and sear the beef on all sides and then place in a casserole dish. You will need to brown the meat in batches. Don’t turn it too much whilst searing as this will reduce the temperature of the pan..
- Place the remaining olive oil in the frying pan and pour in the reserved marinade, the chopped tomatoes, the tomato purée and the beef stock. Bring to a boil and then pour onto the beef..
- Cover the casserole with a lid and place in the oven for 1 hour..
- After 1 hour add the shallots to the casserole, mix, cover with a lid and cook for a further hour or until the meat is tender..
Beef Stifado is one of the most famous Greek Cypriot recipes. There is nothing like a steaming bowl of Beef stifado to warm the soul. Beef Stifado is famous the world over for it's fragrant and unique flavours, one bite of this Greek stew will send your tastebuds to a Greek taverna and have you asking. Stifado has always been my favourite Greek recipe. It takes me back to when I first worked in Greece in my twenties all those years ago and worked in tavernas for a pittance but loved getting the free meals in the evening.
If you find this Ultimate Greek beef stifado recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.