Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Potato cakes with cheese and mushrooms recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Potato cakes with cheese and mushrooms recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Potato cakes with cheese and mushrooms recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Healthy eating is nowadays much more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. There are a number of health conditions linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Although we’re incessantly being advised to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. Most likely, a lot of people think that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their lifestyle. In reality, though, simply making a few modest changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re at the grocery since you most probably purchase a lot of items out of habit. For instance, in all likelihood you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out its sugar content. A good healthy substitute can be porridge oats which have been shown to be good for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy every day. You don’t like eating oatmeal on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that have other healthy nutrients and as such, one small change to your diet has been achieved.
All in all, it is not hard to begin to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to potato cakes with cheese and mushrooms recipe. You can have potato cakes with cheese and mushrooms using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Potato cakes with cheese and mushrooms:
- Take of For the potato cakes.
- Get 1 kg of potatoes.
- You need 200 g of plain white flour.
- Prepare 100 g of grated Parmesan.
- Take 1 of egg.
- You need of For the filling.
- Use 1 box of mushrooms.
- Use of Cheese (anything that melts).
Instructions to make Potato cakes with cheese and mushrooms:
- Start by boiling the potatoes until you can poke them with a fork without any resistance (should take about 15/20 min). I peeled and cut mine before boiling but you can also just boil them and peal them afterwards..
- In the meantime cut and cook the mushrooms in a pan with some butter, salt and pepper. When they are done put into a bowl and add the cheese chopped into thin pieces.
- In a bowl mash the potatoes with a mashed or a fork, add the egg, cheese, salt and flour until you can mix it with your hands into a bowl that is not too sticky.
- Roll out the potato base with a rolling pin until it’s about 1cm high and cut it into circles (I used a pint glass)..
- Take a circle, fill it with the mushroom and cheese and close with another circle. Like a ravioli.
- In a pan heat some butter on medium heat, cook the potato cakes about 5 min on each side until golden. Serve hot!.
Sprinkle with a little parsley to serve. Mash the potato with a fork: don't pulverise it completely, as you want some texture in the finished dish. Grate the cheese and stir in. Mix in the flour and season to taste: just salt and pepper if you are using them as an accompaniment to other tasty foods, but you can add herbs and other spices to taste if the potato cakes are the main feature of the meal. When paired with fresh parsley and cheese it is truly a wonderful explosion of flavours.
If you find this Potato cakes with cheese and mushrooms recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.