Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Cinnamon mandazi recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cinnamon mandazi recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Healthy eating is now a lot more popular than in the past and rightfully so. Poor diet is a leading factor in health conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. It is likely that a lot of people believe it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. It is possible, however, to make some minor changes that can start to make a positive impact to our day-to-day eating habits.
One way to address this to start seeing some results is to realize that you do not have to alter everything at once or that you have to completely get rid of certain foods from your diet. Even more important than entirely altering your diet is simply substituting healthy eating choices whenever you can. Eventually, you will find that you actually prefer to consume healthy foods after you have eaten that way for a while. As with many other habits, change occurs over a period of time and once a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you are not going to feel the need to revert to your old diet.
As you can see, it’s not hard to begin integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to cinnamon mandazi recipe. You can cook cinnamon mandazi using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Cinnamon mandazi:
- Provide 2 1/4 c of all purpose flour.
- You need 3.5 TBS of sugar.
- Provide 2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Use 1.5 tsp of baking powder.
- Use 3-4 TBS of melted butter or oil.
- Get 3/4 c of milk.
- Get of Oil for frying.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
Instructions to make Cinnamon mandazi:
- In a bowl put flour, cinnamon, sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix together thoroughly.
- Add melted butter and mix. Gradually add the milk and mix to make a soft dough. Cover and let it rest for 30mins.
- Divide dough into half. Roll one slightly thin like chapati size. Using a knife cut thin strips.
- Take 3 strips at a time and braid. Pinch ends together to avoid them spreading when put in oil.
- The other half of the dough you can cut into squares or any fancy shapes using cookie cutters. Roll it slightly thicker than the strips one.
- Put oil in a pan and heat on medium. Fry the mandazi till golden brown. Enjoy with tea.
See more ideas about Mandazi recipe, Kenyan food, Recipes. Mandazi is a form of fried dough. Mandazi originates from East African Coast areas and is very popular in the East African region. These simple donuts from East Africa, known as mandazi, have a hint of cardamom and can be served as a sweet treat or alongside curry. I made the Mandazis on this recipe.
If you find this Cinnamon mandazi recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.