Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Rhubarb and Apple Chutney recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Rhubarb and Apple Chutney recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Rhubarb and Apple Chutney recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Opting to eat healthily offers great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are many illnesses associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to adopt a more healthy way of living and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. A lot of people typically believe that healthy diets demand much work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. In reality, though, just making a few minor changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
You can get results without having to remove foods from your diet or make huge changes immediately. It’s not a bad idea if you desire to make major changes, but the most crucial thing is to gradually switch to making healthier eating choices. As you get used to the taste of healthy foods, you will see that you’re eating more healthily than before. As with many other habits, change occurs over a period of time and once a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you are not going to feel the need to revert to your old diet.
As you can see, it is not hard to start to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to rhubarb and apple chutney recipe. You can have rhubarb and apple chutney using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Rhubarb and Apple Chutney:
- Get 150 g of rhubarb.
- Take 100 g of green cooking apples.
- Provide 100 g of red onion.
- Prepare 120 ml of balsamic vinegar.
- Take 100 g of sugar.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of ground ginger.
- Get 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 50 g of sultanas.
Steps to make Rhubarb and Apple Chutney:
- Roughly dice the rhubarb, apple and red onion into 1cm x 1cm pieces and place into a large saucepan.
- Except from the sultanas add all the other ingredients to the pan and bring to the boil on a high heat.
- Then turn the heat down and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent the chutney sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Next add the sultanas and simmer for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and leave in the pan to cool.
- Once cooled place the chutney into jars and keep in the fridge until you're ready to use them.
Remove any air bubbles; wipe the rims clean with a clean, wet rag or paper towel, center the lids on the jars and screw the bands down until resistance is met. Recipe for Apple Rhubarb Chutney – Food Reference Recipes – cooking tips, food posters, cookbooks. Before You Start Apples in this chutney should hold their shape and can be fairly sweet, as the rhubarb more than delivers on the tart quotient. The rhubarb chutney will keep for several months in sealed jars kept in a cool place but it is not necessary to put it in the fridge only once it is opened. Unclean jars will reduce the shelf life of the chutney.
If you find this Rhubarb and Apple Chutney recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.