Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Seafood Savoury Rice recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Seafood Savoury Rice recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Seafood Savoury Rice recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Suggestions For Living Green And Lowering costs In The Kitchen.
Remember when the only men and women who cared about the environment were tree huggers and hippies? That’s a thing of the past now, with everyone being aware of the problems besetting the planet and also the shared burden we have for turning things around. Unless everyone begins to start living much more eco-friendly we won’t be able to resolve the problems of the environment. These kinds of changes need to start happening, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. Here are a number of tips that can help you save energy, for the most part by making your cooking area more green.
Changing light bulbs is actually as good a place to begin with as any. Naturally you shouldn’t confine this to only the kitchen. You should replace your incandescent lights with energy-saver, compact fluorescent light bulbs. They cost a little bit more initially, but they last ten times longer, and use a lesser amount of electricity. Changing the light bulbs would keep a lot of bulbs out of the landfills, which is good. It goes further than merely exchanging the lights, though; turning off lights that aren’t needed is another good thing to do. The family spends considerable time in the kitchen, and how typically does the kitchen light go on in the morning and is left on all day long. Of course this also happens in some other rooms, not simply the kitchen. Do an exercise if you like; check out the amount of electricity you can save by turning the lights off when you don’t need them.
From the above it should be clear that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are numerous little opportunities for saving energy and money. Green living is actually something we can all do, without difficulty. Largely, all it requires is a bit of common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to seafood savoury rice recipe. To make seafood savoury rice you need 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Seafood Savoury Rice:
- Take 1 Cup of White Rice.
- Take 2 Cups of Water.
- Use of Vegetable Oil.
- Use of Salt.
- Provide 1 of Onion finely chopped.
- You need 1/2 of Diced Green Pepper.
- Use 2 Teaspoons of crushed garlic.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of Chilli flakes.
- Use 1 Tin of Mussel.
- Provide 10-15 of Prawns.
- Provide 1 Cup of Seafood Mix (optional).
- Prepare 4-5 Tablespoons of Robertson's spice for rice.
Steps to make Seafood Savoury Rice:
- Rinse the rice until the water runs clear. Drain in a colander and set aside.
- In a medium pot, bring the 2 cups of water to a boil. Add the salt and Oil, stir and then add the rinsed and drained rice. Stir with a fork..
- Reduce the heat, cover the rice, and let it simmer for 20 minutes. Check it after 15 minutes to see if all the water has evaporated. If it has, the rice is ready. If not, replace the lid and let the rice simmer an additional 5 minutes..
- Remove from the heat, fluff with a fork, and transfer into a serving dish..
- Wash and clean the same pot and put back onto the stove and put it on high..
- Add the vegetable oil to the pot once the oil is heating up, Add the onions, peppers, garlic and Chilli flakes into the pot and cook until medium brown (braised).
- Once browned, add the tinned Mussels, prawns and seafood mix and cook for another 8 – 10 mins..
- Add the cooked rice to the pot and Robertson's spice for rice. Mix all together and tranfer it back to the serving dish.
If you find this Seafood Savoury Rice recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.