Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Whole Wheat Walnut Bagels (Soft Bagels) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Whole Wheat Walnut Bagels (Soft Bagels) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
We all understand that, in order to really be healthful, nutritious and balanced meal plans are important as are good amounts of exercise. Sadly, we do not always have the time or the energy that this type of lifestyle demands. At the end of the day, most of us want to go home, not to the gym. A delicious, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a crunchy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). You should be thankful to learn that getting healthy doesn’t always have to be super hard work. With training you can get all of the nutrients and the exercise that you need. Here are some basic ways to get healthy.
Drink water, not other drinks. Drinking a soda or cup of coffee from time to time won’t hurt you too badly. It will be, however, a bad idea to only drink soda or coffee. Choosing water as opposed to other beverage adds to your body’s health and helps it stay hydrated. You’re also cutting hundreds of calories away from your diet— without having to resort to terrible tasting diet food. Successful weight loss efforts often depend entirely on water ingestion.
There are plenty of things you can go after to become healthy. An expensive gym membership and very restrictive diets are not the only way to do it. You can do small things every day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Being intelligent about the choices you make each day is a start. Getting as much exercise as possible is another factor. Don’t ignore that health isn’t only about simply how much you weigh. It’s about making your body as sturdy as it can be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to whole wheat walnut bagels (soft bagels) recipe. To make whole wheat walnut bagels (soft bagels) you need 10 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Whole Wheat Walnut Bagels (Soft Bagels):
- Get 200 grams of Lys d'or brand (French bread /medium-strong) flour.
- Take 50 grams of Whole wheat flour.
- Get 10 grams of Light brown sugar (or superfine sugar ).
- You need 5 grams of Salt.
- Prepare 3 grams of Dry yeast.
- Get 10 grams of Olive oil.
- You need 145 ml of Water.
- Take 50 grams of Walnuts.
- Get 1 liter of Hot water for kettling.
- Get 1 tbsp of Honey for kettling.
Instructions to make Whole Wheat Walnut Bagels (Soft Bagels):
- Preparation: coarsely chop the walnuts and roast them in a skillet over low heat until they start making crackling noises..
- Place all ingredients except the walnuts into a bread machine, select the dough cycle and press start, allowing the machine to do its job until the first rising. Add the walnuts in the case inside the machine designated for toppings and additions..
- When the cycle completes, take the dough out to a working surface, punch it down to let the trapped air out, divide the dough into 4 and roll into balls. Cover the dough with a damp cloth, and let it rest for 20 minutes..
- Punch down again to let the air out and roll out the dough to 20 cm in length..
- Place the dough so the longer side lies sideways. Roll the dough somewhat loosely..
- Seal the edges and the seam tightly..
- Roll the dough back and forth with your hands, form it into a 25 cm cylinder shape..
- Using the bottom of your palm, flatten one of the edges..
- Make the dough into a ring, Wrap the end of the dough with the other flattened end made in Step 8. Form to make it into your desired shape..
- Let the dough rest again on a parchment lined cookie sheet. It is done when the dough has loosened and puffed up. It took 30 minutes at 30℃ today..
- Preparation during rising; using a large pot that can hold all 4 pieces of dough at once, bring water to a boil. About 80℃, when small bubbles begin to form at the edge of the pot, would be the ideal temperature..
- Place a piece of paper towel on the working surface for draining the dough right after boiling. Preheat oven to 220℃..
- Add and dissolve honey into the hot water. Insert the dough, and boil both sides 15 seconds each..
- When boiling is done, place it onto the prepared paper towel, and lightly wipe off the excess water..
- Reduce the oven temperature to 200℃, bake the dough for 15～17 minutes or until golden brown..
- The seeds in the main photo are pumpkin seeds that I forgot to add in during the kneading process. Try baking the bagel with pumpkin seeds. They'll look very cute..
Bring water to boil and dissolve baking. I grew up in New York where I acquired That said, I really don't like the bagels you can buy in the store. Most bagels are made with white flour and commercial yeast. Whole wheat bagels also have a denser, more gritty texture than their refined flour counterparts. When whole grain dough is made, the sharp edges of the grain's bran cut through dough fibers.
If you find this Whole Wheat Walnut Bagels (Soft Bagels) recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.