Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Tomato Onion Uttapam recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Tomato Onion Uttapam recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Tomato Onion Uttapam recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Ways To Live Green And Save Money In The Kitchen.
Remember when the only men and women who cared about the ecosystem were tree huggers as well as hippies? That has completely changed now, since we all seem to have an awareness that the planet is having problems, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. According to the industry experts, to clean up the natural environment we are all going to have to make some adjustments. These kinds of modifications need to start taking place, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. Here are some tips that can help you save energy, for the most part by making your kitchen area more green.
You may prefer cooking food with your oven, but using a microwave instead will cost you much less money. Maybe the realization that an oven uses 75% more energy will encourage you to use the microwave more. Countertop appliances will boil water as well as steam vegetables more rapidly than your stove, and use a lot less electricity. You could well be forgiven for thinking that an automatic dishwasher uses a lot more energy than washing dishes the old-fashioned way, but you would be wrong. A dishwasher is especially efficient when it’s full before a cycle is going. Don’t dry the dishes using heat, use the cool dry or air dry features to increase the money you save.
The kitchen on its own gives you many small ways by which energy and money can be saved. It is quite uncomplicated to live green, after all. Mostly, all it takes is a bit of common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to tomato onion uttapam recipe. You can cook tomato onion uttapam using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Tomato Onion Uttapam:
- Take 1/2 cup of Onions chopped.
- Get 1/2 cup of Tomatoes chopped.
- Take 1-2 tbsp of Green Chillies chopped.
- Provide 2 tbsp of Coriander leaves chopped.
- Prepare as required of Sunflower Oil or Ghee.
Steps to make Tomato Onion Uttapam:
- I use the same Dosa batter to make Uttapam,add salt, and mix well till you have a runny batter..
- Pre-heat a griddle or non-stick tawa on a medium heat. Take 1 ladle of uttapam batter (runny batter) and pour it on the griddle. Slightly spread it around in concentric circles like you would make a dosa, but ensure that you’re making a thick pancake..
- Next, sprinkle the mixture of toppings all over the surface of the uttapam. Drizzle a little oil or ghee to allow it to cook well. Cover the uttapam with a lid and cook on medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until the base is cooked. Flip the uttapam when the base is cooked to cook the reverse side as well. Then remove from griddle and serve immediately..
- Serve the Tomato Uttapam along with Coconut Chutney.. I personally like green Coriander Mint chutney..
Onion Uttapam is a dosa-like dish from South India made by cooking ingredients in a batter. Rava mixed with onion, tomato and yogurt to make this quick uttapam. Onion Uttapam is a delightful breakfast recipe which is loved by people of all age groups. It is a popular South Indian recipe and a very healthy dish as it contains lot of vegetables. Uttapam is traditionally made with toppings such as tomatoes, onion, chillies, capsicum and coriander ; other common choices are coconut, grated carrots and beets.
If you find this Tomato Onion Uttapam recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.