Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Chickpea & Vegetable Curry recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Chickpea & Vegetable Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chickpea & Vegetable Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Techniques To Live Green And Save Money In The Kitchen.
It was not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern about the well-being of the surroundings. Those days are over, and it seems we all realize our role in stopping and conceivably reversing the damage being done to our planet. The experts are agreed that we cannot adjust things for the better without everyone’s active contribution. These adjustments need to start taking place, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. The cooking area is a good place to start saving energy by going more green.
Refrigerators and freezers use a lot of electricity, especially if they are not working as effectively as they should. You can save up to 60% on energy when you get a new one, in comparison with those from longer than ten years ago. Maintaining the temperature of the fridge at 37F, coupled with 0F for the freezer, will probably save on electricity, while keeping food at the correct temperature. You can certainly minimize how often the motor has to run by routinely cleaning the condenser, which will save on electricity.
From the above it should be clear that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are lots of little opportunities for saving energy and money. It is reasonably uncomplicated to live green, of course. Typically, all it takes is a little common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chickpea & vegetable curry recipe. To cook chickpea & vegetable curry you only need 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Chickpea & Vegetable Curry:
- Provide 200 g of (half a can) of chickpeas, drained,.
- Prepare 100 g of closed cap mushrooms, sliced,.
- Take 80 g of fresh tomatoes chopped,.
- Get 1 of large red onion, sliced,.
- Prepare Half of a carton of tomato passata, 200g,.
- Take 60 g of chopped baby spinach leaves,.
- Take 2 of finely sliced green (spring) onions,.
- Take 2 of mild red chillies, seeds left in, sliced finely,.
- Get 1 of thumb of fresh ginger, sliced finely,.
- Provide 2 of large cloves of garlic, crushed,.
- Provide 1 of good handful of chopped flat leaf parsley,.
- Take 1 tbsp of hot curry powder,.
- You need 1 tsp of tumeric,.
- Get 1/4 tsp of ground cumin,.
- Provide 1 tbsp of garam masala powder,.
- Get 3 of whole cardamon pods,.
- Provide 1 of heaped tbsp fat free Quark,.
- Use 1 of good pinch of salt,.
- Use 1 tbsp of vegetable oil for frying,.
Steps to make Chickpea & Vegetable Curry:
- Heat a large saucepan up on a hob, over a medium high heat. Add the cooking oil and allow to warm. Once heated, add the red onion, green onions and the mushrooms. Fry for a couple of minutes..
- Next add the chopped ginger, garlic and chilli. Stir to combine and fry until fragrant for another couple of minutes..
- Add in the tomatoes next. Stir again. Then add in all of the dry spices. Give everything a good stir and add in the passata. Next add the chickpeas and water. Season with a good pinch of salt and also add the cardamon pods..
- Turn the heat down to medium and allow the mixture to come to a simmer. Add the chopped spinach leaves on top of the curry and place the lid of the saucepan on so it steams it. Once the spinach has shrunk down after around 3-4 minutes, open the lid and give the curry a stir so everything is evenly combined. Add the chopped parsley leaves..
- Place over the lid again and allow to simmer on a low heat until the curry thickens and reduces down and the vegetables and chickpeas are tender. I usually leave it to simmer for anywhere between 40-60 minutes on a very low heat, ensure you check on it now and then to give it a stir so it doesn't dry or catch. If it begins to dry simply add a touch more water..
- Once the curry has reduced and thickened remove from the heat. Leave to stand for 3 minutes. If you can locate the Cardamon pods, remove them. Add in the quark and stir through until the curry becomes creamier. Serve up and enjoy! :).
- Note: This is a great curry to batch cook on a larger scale, to then freeze as individual portions as a quick go to meal when you need it. I often do this and store in Tupperware boxes..
Spicy red pepper and feta hummus. More articles You might also like. A humble tin of chickpeas can be turned into a multitude of meals. Try stews, falafel wraps, salads, hummus and tasty snacks. Chickpeas, also known as garbanzo beans, are part of the legume family.
If you find this Chickpea & Vegetable Curry recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.