Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Pork and Fennel Ragu recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pork and Fennel Ragu recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Kitchen Could save you Cash.
It was not really that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern regarding the well-being of the environment. Those days are over, and it looks like we all recognize our role in stopping and perhaps reversing the damage being done to our planet. The experts are agreed that we are not able to change things for the better without everyone’s active contribution. Each and every family ought to start generating changes that are environmentally friendly and they should do this soon. Keep reading for some ways to go green and save energy, generally in the kitchen.
Although it may not taste as good, baking food in the microwave rather than in the oven will save you a packet of money. The energy used by cooking in an oven is greater by 75%, and perhaps this small amount of knowledge will spur you on to use the microwave more frequently. When it relates to boiling water and steaming vegetables, you can save plenty of electrical power and do the job faster with countertop appliances rather than a stove. You will be forgiven for thinking that an automatic dishwasher uses much more energy than washing dishes the old-fashioned manner, but you would be wrong. You get the greatest energy savings by fully loading the dishwasher ahead of commencing a wash cycle. Save even more money by air drying as well as cool drying your dishes instead of heat drying them.
From the above it should be obvious that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are lots of little opportunities for saving energy and money. Green living is definitely something we can all accomplish, without difficulty. A lot of it truly is basically making use of common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to pork and fennel ragu recipe. To make pork and fennel ragu you only need 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Pork and Fennel Ragu:
- You need 500 g of pork mince.
- Take 1 of onion.
- Get 1 of fennel bulb.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves.
- Provide 1/2 of tspn fennel seeds.
- Prepare 1 tin of chopped tomatoes.
- Provide 390 g of tomato passata.
- Provide 1 tbsp of tomato puree.
- Take of Pasta.
- Get of Salt and pepper.
- Use of Olive oil.
- Use of Parmesan to serve.
Instructions to make Pork and Fennel Ragu:
- Chop up the onion and fennel into small cubes. Save some of the fennel leaves for garnish..
- Put a tablespoon of oil in a pan and add the pork mince. Heat on a medium heat for approx 5 mins, until the mince is no longer red. Use a plastic utensil to ground the mince into small pieces..
- Add the onion and fennel. Cook for approx another 5 mins until the fennel and onion has softened..
- Add the garlic (crushed), fennel seeds and tomato puree. Stir and cooked for 2-3 mins until the fennel and garlic becomes fragrant..
- Add the chopped tomatoes and stir..
- Add the passata and stir. Season with pepper. Turn the heat down low and put a lid on the pan. Allow to gently heat for another 20-30 mins..
- Meanwhile, boil the pasta per the instructions in slightly salted boiling water..
- Once both dishes are ready, drain pasta and tip into the sauce. Stir..
- Serve with plenty of Parmesan cheese! 🧀 Garnish with the fennel leaves..
This pork and fennel pasta has thick and rich tomato sauce with a slight spice kick thanks to the fiery red chili and is great topped with created Parmesan or give it a summertime twist with some crumbled feta. Heat a large saucepan over medium heat and add the olive oil and onion. Add the fennel seeds and garlic and fry for a minute or two until fragrant. Add the pork mince and fry until lightly browned, then add the passata, white wine and bay leaves. Squeeze the meat from the sausages.
If you find this Pork and Fennel Ragu recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.