Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Chai Spiced Apple Turnovers recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chai Spiced Apple Turnovers recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Deciding to eat healthily provides marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who are suffering from conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. People typically think that healthy diets require a great deal of work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make a few minor changes that can start to make a positive impact to our day-to-day eating habits.
The first change you can make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you do your food shopping as it is likely that you tend to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, has it crossed your mind to check how much sugar and salt are in your favorite cereal? One wholesome option that can give you a healthy start to your day is oatmeal. You don’t like eating oatmeal on its own, try mixing in fresh fruits that can provide other healthy nutrients and as such, one modest change to your diet has been achieved.
Evidently, it’s not at all hard to start integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chai spiced apple turnovers recipe. To cook chai spiced apple turnovers you only need 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Chai Spiced Apple Turnovers:
- Provide of For the pastry:.
- You need 120 g of dairy free spread.
- Prepare 300 g of gluten free plain flour.
- Use 1 tablespoon of caster sugar.
- Provide 120 ml of cold water.
- You need of For the filling:.
- Take 6 of apples (I used Pink Lady) peeled and sliced.
- You need 50 grams of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground cardamom.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of ground cloves.
- Get 1/2 teaspoon of mixed spice.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger.
- Provide 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 50 ml of water.
- Take of Other:.
- Provide 1 of egg beaten.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of icing sugar.
Steps to make Chai Spiced Apple Turnovers:
- Weigh out the dairy free spread and then place in the freezer for 15 minutes to make sure it is really cold Cut into cubes Place the flour, caster sugar and dairy free spread in a food processor.
- Pulse about 5 times so the dairy free spread is broken up but still visible Turn the food processor on so it is running on a low setting Gradually pour in the cold water.
- Scoop into a ball, wrap in cling film and leave to chill in the fridge for an hour (it will stay fresh in the fridge for about 5 days in case you want to make in advance).
- Preheat the oven to 180 oC Roll out until the dough is about 5mm thick Cut into 4 equal sized squares.
- Place the diced apples, spices and water in a saucepan over a medium heat Cook until the apples are soft, you might need to add some more water.
- Spread the cooled apples onto each diagonal pastry slices leaving about 1cm of space around the edge of the pastry, this stops the filling leaking everywhere when you bake the pastries Fold each pastry in half diagonally so you have four triangular pastries Seal the edges by pressing down with a fork.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper Brush the pastries with the beaten egg and sprinkle on a little extra sugar and cinnamon if you like.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes or until golden brown Dust with a little icing sugar before serving.
If you find this Chai Spiced Apple Turnovers recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.