Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Okro Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Okro Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Okro Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Ways To Live Green Plus Save Money In The Kitchen.
Remember when the only men and women who cared about the ecosystem were tree huggers and hippies? That has fully changed now, since we all apparently have an awareness that the planet is having difficulties, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. According to the specialists, to clean up the surroundings we are all going to have to make some adjustments. These adjustments need to start taking place, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. The cooking area is a good place to begin saving energy by going much more green.
Even though it may not taste as good, baking food in the microwave as an alternative to in the oven will save you a packet of money. The energy used by cooking in an oven is definitely greater by 75%, and maybe this small amount of knowledge will spur you on to use the microwave more frequently. When compared with your stove, you can make boiled water as well as steamed vegetables faster, and use considerably less energy, by using countertop appliances. You might reckon that you save energy by washing your dishes by hand, but that is definitely not true. A dishwasher is especially effective when it’s full before a cycle is started. Don’t dry the dishes using heat, utilize the cool dry or air dry functions to increase the money you save.
From the above it really should be obvious that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are many little opportunities for saving energy and money. It is reasonably easy to live green, after all. It’s about being sensible, usually.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to okro soup recipe. To cook okro soup you need 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Okro Soup:
- Take 1 kg of Beef & shaki.
- Get 500 g of fish (Mackerel or any oily fish).
- Get 300 g of okro.
- Prepare 200 g of ugu leaves (2 small bunches).
- Use 1 cup of Palm oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of crayfish.
- Use 1 handful of ogbono.
- You need 6-10 of scotch bonnet chillies.
- Take 2 of medium onions.
- Provide 3 of Seasoning cubes.
- Use of Salt.
Instructions to make Okro Soup:
- Before cooking your soup, prepare your ingredients: Wash your meat with warm water and salt. Rinse your fish thoroughly Wash your ugu leaves with water and salt and slice thinly. Do the same for the okro. Blend your chillies with a bit of water. Grind your ogbono and crayfish together. Chop the two onions separately (one for the meat, the other for the soup).
- Get a clean pot; add your meat, 2 Seasoning cubes, some salt and one chopped onion. Cover and steam over medium heat. Do not add any water, the meat will produce its own stock but keep an eye on the water level to prevent it from burning..
- While the meat is cooking, heat your oil in a pan; add the other onion and fry for 3 minutes. After about 3 minutes, turn off the heat and add your ground ogbono and crayfish; mix properly and set aside..
- Check your meat, if the water is almost dried up, add one litre of water and cook till the meat is done. When the meat is done, add your fish and blended chillies; cover and cook till the fish is done (about 6-10 minutes)..
- When the fish is done, carefully take each piece out and keep aside to prevent them from scattering. Now add your ogbono mixture to the meat and cook for five minutes or till thickened. Once thickened, add your okro and cook for about 3 minutes..
- After 3 minutes, add one Seasoning cube and some salt. Taste and adjust Seasoning to suit your taste. Finally, add your ugu leaves and fish. Leave to simmer for 2 minutes, stir everything together and turn off heat. Your okro soup is ready!!!.
Okra is often boiled or fried and served as a simple side in soul food restaurants, but in Charleston it often comes as a luscious vegetable soup. Being a vegetable, okro soup is obviously nutritious and should be included in your menu. Here are a few specific health benefits of okro and how to prepare the soup Matt and Ted Lee, James Beard Award-winning chefs from South Carolina, recently released The Lee Bros. Nigerian Okra soup is simply a stewed okra soup recipe. Some Okra soup recipes call for vegetable leaves, I never use any but feel free to add at the end of the cooking process.
If you find this Okro Soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.