Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Ultimate Greek beef stifado recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Ultimate Greek beef stifado recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Meals You Choose To Feed On Will Certainly Effect Your Health.
Many men and women do not understand that the foods you choose can either help you to be healthy or can adversely effect your health. Its also wise to realize that there are foods that you will need to avoid at all costs and that would be almost all food you find at the fast food chain restaurants. The foods that you will get from these fast food places are foods that are extremely unhealthy, loaded with fat and typically have little to no nutrition. You will be delighted to know that we are going to inform you of a few of the foods that you should be eating every day.
Everybody likes to have dessert just after their meals and if you are one of those individuals you may want to consider some citrus fruit. Citrus fruits also provide you with vitamin C, along with other vitamins and minerals that can certainly help keep you healthy. One thing you may want to try for one of your desserts is to mix coconut with orange sections and top the combination off with a teaspoon of honey.
Following some of the suggestions above you will see that you’ll be living a healthier life. Also if you eliminate all the unhealthy food that you really should not be eating anyway, you may find that you could end up living a longer life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to ultimate greek beef stifado recipe. To make ultimate greek beef stifado you need 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Ultimate Greek beef stifado:
- You need of MARINADE:.
- Prepare 2-3 sprigs of rosemary.
- Provide 2-3 of dry bay leaves.
- Take 1 tbls of dried Greek oregano.
- Use 150 ml of red wine.
- Provide 2 tbls of white wine vinegar.
- You need 3 of garlic cloves peeled and crushed with the back of a knife.
- Use 4 of whole cloves.
- Provide 1 of cinnamon stick, broken into large pieces.
- You need A few of gratings of nutmeg.
- Take of FOR THE BEEF:.
- Prepare 1 kg of good quality beef diced.
- Prepare 6 tbls of extra virgin olive oil.
- Take 1.2 kg of shallots or small onions, peeled.
- Provide 400 g of chopped tomatoes.
- Use 2 tbls of tomato purée.
- Use 1 of beef stock cube.
Steps to make Ultimate Greek beef stifado:
- Place all the marinade ingredients together and combine. Add the beef, mix well, cover and refrigerate overnight..
- When you’re ready to cook, set the oven to 180C fan assisted..
- Drain the beef as well as possible, keeping the marinade juices. Strain and set aside..
- Heat 2 tbls of the olive oil in a large frying pan and cook the shallots for about 8-10 minutes until golden brown. Transfer to a bowl and set aside..
- In the same frying pan, add 2 tbls olive oil and sear the beef on all sides and then place in a casserole dish. You will need to brown the meat in batches. Don’t turn it too much whilst searing as this will reduce the temperature of the pan..
- Place the remaining olive oil in the frying pan and pour in the reserved marinade, the chopped tomatoes, the tomato purée and the beef stock. Bring to a boil and then pour onto the beef..
- Cover the casserole with a lid and place in the oven for 1 hour..
- After 1 hour add the shallots to the casserole, mix, cover with a lid and cook for a further hour or until the meat is tender..
Beef Stifado is one of the most famous Greek Cypriot recipes. There is nothing like a steaming bowl of Beef stifado to warm the soul. A true taste of Cyprus in a bowl. Beef Stifado is famous the world over for it's fragrant and unique flavours, one bite of this Greek stew will send your ta. Greek cuisine has many comfort foods, but stifado or in a more original spelling stifatho, is probably the most widely cooked dish which has its own, local versions throughout the whole country.
If you find this Ultimate Greek beef stifado recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.