Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Galaktoboureko recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Galaktoboureko recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Galaktoboureko recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Food Items You Select To Consume Are Going To Effect Your Health.
Many folks do not fully grasp that the foods you select can either help you to be healthy or can negatively effect your health. Its also wise to realize that there are foods that you will want to avoid at all costs and that would be the majority of food you find at the fast food chain restaurants. The foods that you will get from these fast food places are foods that are incredibly unhealthy, loaded with fat and usually have little to no nourishment. You will be pleased to know that we are going to tell you a few of the foods that you should be ingesting every day.
Nuts and also different seeds will certainly be a much better option when you are trying to find a quick snack to enjoy. One of many health benefits of these types of nuts and seeds will be the Omega-3 and Omega-6 that can be obtained in them. These kinds of fatty acids are vital to helping your body create the proper amounts of hormones your body needs for a healthy way of life. The first thing you may not comprehend is that various hormones that you need will only be able to be developed when you have these fatty acids.
By following a number of the suggestions above you will see that you can be living a healthier life. The pre packaged processed foods that you can discover in any store is additionally not good for you and as an alternative you should be cooking fresh nourishing foods.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to galaktoboureko recipe. To make galaktoboureko you only need 17 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Galaktoboureko:
- You need 1/2 kg of phyllo pastry.
- Get of For the filling.
- Use 1 cup of semolina.
- Use 1 1/2 cups of sugar.
- You need 700 ml of full fat milk.
- Take 300 ml of heavy cream.
- Take 4 of eggs.
- You need 3 tbsp of butter.
- Use 2 tsp of vanilla essence.
- Get of grated zest of one lemon.
- Prepare 250 g of butter, melted, for brushing the phyllo.
- You need of For the syrup.
- You need 700 g of sugar.
- Get 400 ml of water.
- Get 2 tbsp of glucose syrup.
- Use of peel of one lemon.
- Use 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
Instructions to make Galaktoboureko:
- Place all the syrup ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to boil and let boil for 4 minutes. Remove from heat and allow syrup to cool..
- Using a pastry brush, liberally grease the bottom and sides of an ovenproof dish with melted butter..
- Brush each phyllo with melted butter and layer the first 5 into your dish, making sure the sides of the dish are also covered. Work fast, because phyllo pastry dries up very quickly. Keep the remainder of the phyllo covered with a damp dishcloth, to prevent it from drying out..
- Prepare the fillingPlace a saucepan over low heat, and combine the filling ingredients, stirring well..
- Separate the 4 eggs..
- Beat the egg whites till stiff..
- Whisk the yolks separately..
- Fold the egg whites gently into the whisked egg yolks..
- Add this egg mixture into the filling mixture and stir in using a wooden spoon..
- Add 3 tbsp butter, while stirring all the time in circular motions, until the filling thickens into a smooth, velvety and light cream. Remove from the heat..
- Pour the filling over the 5 layered phyllo sheets..
- Spread evenly..
- Layer the rest of the phyllo sheets over the filling, brushing each phyllo sheet first well with butter..
- Tuck in all the excess pastry into the sides and into the bottom of the ovendish..
- Using a sharp knife, score the top layers of phyllo sheets into squares..
- Pour melted butter over the whole surface and then generously sprinkle with cold water..
- Bake in a preheated oven, 180°C, for 1 hour, until golden..
- As soon as the galaktobouriko comes out of the oven, and while it is still hot, spoon over the whole surface the cooled syrup. Make sure the phyllo parstry is well drenched..
- Let the galaktobouriko cool completely and absorb all the syrup. Do not cover while it is cooling, or it will get soggy..
A tip my grandmother gave me was to either have a hot galaktoboureko with a cooled syrup or the other way around. See more ideas about Recipes, Galaktoboureko recipe, Desserts. Galaktoboureko, (pr. ga-lahk-to-BOO-reh-koh), also written Galatoboureko, is a traditional Greek dessert, possibly the king of sweets for many in Greece and the one I prefer the most. Galaktoboureko. "My compliments to the pastry chef at Hellenic Republic. Everything we tried on a recent visit was excellent, but the galaktoboureko was seriously awesome.
If you find this Galaktoboureko recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.